Terms and Conditions
Your booking is subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
Making Your Booking
- The contract is made between the person whose details are set out at the end of the Booking Form (“You”) and Dan Clark Basketball (“Us”/ “We”) and is subject to English law. In the event of any conflict of interpretation between documents which form part of contract, the documents will be interpreted in the following order of precedence:
- (i) These Terms and Conditions;
- (ii) The Confirmation Email;
- (iii) The Booking Form;
- (iv) The Itinerary;
- We accept the following method of payment: Online via our website All major credit and debit cards are accepted.
- The Camp Fees are as set out the website and are not subject to further negotiation. The Fees cover the cost of the Camp only and do not include travel arrangements. Residential campers should pay a deposit of £70.00 to reserve their room which is non-refundable in the event that Your Booking is cancelled for any reason (except where cancellation is due to Our negligence or breach of contract).
- Your Booking is not binding on You or Us until:
(a)You have provided Us with a fully completed Booking Form and the Deposit (for residential campers) or full payment for day campers; and
(b) We have reviewed Your information and contacted You in response (“Confirmation Email”) to confirm the Booking.
- We must receive full payment of the Camp Fees by 1st July 2018 We reserve the right to cancel any Booking where full payment has not been paid by this date.
- We understand plans change, and we will endeavour to be accommodating where possible. For all cancellations there will be a £5.00 administration charge.
– Cancellations 28 days or more before start of camp: full refund minus a £5 administration charge (£70 room deposit for residential campers is excluded from this refund)
– Cancellations 14-27 days before start of camp: 50% refund minus a £5 administration charge or full refund on presentation of a current doctors note (£70 room deposit for residential campers is excluded from this refund)
– Cancellations 1-13 days before start of camp: 25% refund minus a £5 administration charge or full refund on presentation of a current doctors note (£70 room deposit for residential campers is excluded from this refund
Operation of the Camp
- Our responsibility for Campers extends to the period of the Camp, which commences on the scheduled arrival time and concludes at the scheduled finish time, which will be notified to You on the Itinerary. Unless we have advised You of any changes in writing, we do not take responsibility for any Campers arriving prior to the scheduled arrival time or remaining at the Camp after the scheduled finish time, and it is Your responsibility to ensure that Your child is appropriately cared for at all other times.
- We will usually communicate with You by email using the information You have provided at the time of Booking. It is Your responsibility to notify us in writing of any changes to these details. We are not liable for any issues arising from failing to notify us of any changes.
- You hereby agree and acknowledge that a serious breach by the Camper of Our reasonable standards of behaviour and safety (including Our Camper Code of Conduct) may result in his/her participation at the Camp being terminated forthwith. In such event the Camper may be sent home at Your expense. We reserve the right not to refund the Camp Fees if Our costs have been properly incurred by the time the Camper leaves the Camp.
- We reserve the right to:
- (i) withdraw a Camper from any activity during the Camp at any time on the grounds of safety or unsuitability
- (ii) make minor and reasonable changes to the Itinerary in the best interests of the Campers.
- Dan Clark Basketball reserves the right to use any photographs/video of campers whilst at camp. These photographs/video will be used for promotion on the Dan Clark Basketball Camp Website, social media and in any of its future publications. Dan Clark Basketball may also reproduce any comments that we receive from parents/participants in a similar way.
If you do not want your child to be photographed or videoed please alert us to this as early as possible. Dan Clark Basketball will not be held liable if a child’s image is used for marketing reasons if a parent or guardian has failed to advise otherwise.
- In the event that events beyond our reasonable control (including, but not limited to, events in the natural environment, industrial action or civil unrest) make it impossible for Us to operate the Camp substantially according to the Itinerary or the terms of this contract generally, then:
- (i) We will give You as much notice of this event as is reasonably practicable; and
- (j) You will be entitled to terminate Your Booking and be reimbursed any element of the Camp
- Fees which have not been properly spent by Us prior to the event taking place.
Insurance and Limits of Our Liability
- We advise that You take out Your own insurance against travel risks, and cancellation through injury or any other reason relating to Your own child. Failure to do so it at Your own risk and cost.
- We are insured for all risks and costs arising from our own negligent acts and omissions. With the exception of our liability for personal injury, death or fraud (which is unlimited) our liability under this contract is limited to the value of the Camp Fees which You have paid.